Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

still life hand drawing.


A little while ago I coloured in a picture and when I showed my dad he asked me is that a still life hand drawing. I answered no and decided to give it a try so I focused on my right hand and tried to draw it. First I drew the outline of my hand starting with my thumb then all the way to my pinkie. Then I added detail's and realized that it sort of looked like a monster hand so I added a scar and little bit of red and smudged it. This is what it looked like in the end. I don't draw freehand much sometimes  i'll copy off an image but it never looks quite the same. What other things should I try and draw.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Lara. I like the fact that you decided to make it a monster hand. I think if I was trying to draw I would probably have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are giving it a go Lara. Some shapes are really hard to draw. I have a very hard time drawing trees. When I was at school (a loooong time ago!) an art teacher told us to look for shapes inside of what we were drawing...like each finger would be long oval shapes or rectangles and maybe the palm would be a square. Then you have to round the edges to make it the actual shape you want. Hope that makes sense. Draw whatever is interesting to you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete