Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

My cooking project Weetbix chocolate slice

I enjoy backing and cooking and do it quite often, occasionally with the help from my mum.
Around 3 days ago I made a Weetbix chocolate crunch which was quite simple. It made around 16 slices and it could have made more depending on how big you wanted the slices to be. Here are the ingredients that I used:

  • 140g Butter
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 cup Raisins
  • 1 tbsp Cocoa
  • 1/2 cup Brown sugar
  • 3 crushed Weetbix

           Icing

  • 2 cups Icing sugar
  • 1 tsp Cocoa
  • dribble warm water
  • 1 tbsp Butter (melted)


And these are the steps to making it:

Firstly what you need to do is sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl and mix it together.
Then add sugar Weetbix and raisins, Mix.
 Next you are going to need to melt the butter and pour it over the dry ingredients then mix.
After that you press it into a tin and bake at 180 degrees fan bake for around 20 minutes.
 Lastly all you do is mix the Icing sugar, cocoa,water and butter to make a runny icing that you will just pour over the cooled slice.( don't worry about spreading it).
When it is all set just cut it and ENJOY.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe it was really fun to make and tasted good to. The Whole slice is now gone there are only crumbs left. What other recipes should I try next?








  

3 comments:

  1. Great job Lara!
    Weetbix slice is a favourite of mine.
    We made it a few times during the lockdown.
    Our recipe was a bit different to your one, so perhaps one day i'll give your recipe a go. All still yummy nonetheless!
    Have you made a brownie?
    Brownie is my next favourite slice so that could be an option for you as you sound like you love baking.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I think im going to have to try this. Thanks Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great recipe there Lara. It looks an easy one to follow with clear instructions. I think I'll have a go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete